Explore > Knaresborough Castle
Knaresborough castle is situated on a magnificent vantage point high above the river Nidd. It is a medieval castle that was once home to kings, but is now largely in ruins. Today the castle is part of the Duchy of Lancaster, and therefore belongs to the Crown. A tour includes the tower and dungeon; a living interactive exhibition, Tudor courtroom and secret tunnel carved through the rock under the castle.
- 1 Summary of all buses on the 1 between Harrogate & Knaresborough
- 1A Harrogate, Knaresborough, St James Retail Park & Aspin
- 1B Harrogate - Knaresborough & Eastfield
- 1C Harrogate - Knaresborough & Carmires
- Castle Yard, Knaresborough, HG5 8AS
- 01423 556188